We at Sesor thank all those who have donated so far to support the victims of the floods in Benue State. Your response has kept us going at this challenging time. As you recall, 24 communities in Benue (especially around Makurdi, the capital) were devastated by floods following heavy rainfalls last weekend. The Benue State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) estimates that 110,000 people are currently displaced with 3,000 homes destroyed.We at Sesor thank all those who have donated so far to support the victims of the floods in Benue State. Your response has kept us going at this challenging time. As you recall, 24 communities in Benue (especially around Makurdi, the capital) were devastated by floods following heavy rainfalls last weekend. The Benue State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) estimates that 110,000 people are currently displaced with 3,000 homes destroyed.
Sesor and our partner The Benue We Deserve Foundation (BENDEF) have been working together to deliver relief in the last 72 hours, and have provided meals for over 250 victims at a temporary relief centre setup by BENDEF in Makurdi.
Sesor is also working with ACTS Generation, a Lagos-based NGO, to coordinate in-kind donations at designated collection points in Lagos. Currently we have Collection Points in Victoria Island (St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, 1004 Housing Estate, and Victoria Island), Ikeja (Counselling Ambassadors Organization, 19B Community Road off Allen Avenue, Ikeja) and Ogba (Media Concern Initiative for Women & Children, 15A Bolodeokun Crescent, Dideolu Estate, Ogba).
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) dispatched seven 30 ton-trucks of relief materials to Makurdi yesterday. BSEMA has also set up a relief camp at the Makurdi international market (see below picture), and is currently registering some of the displaced and is preparing to start distributing relief materials. The waters are drying up and some of those affected have started returning to their homes to clean up and fix their recovered properties.
Sesor is currently raising funds to provide food, mattresses, mosquito nets, bedding and cooking utensils for approximately 500 people as part of its initial interventions and will be visiting affected communities in the next few days to carry out further assessments.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Donate to help our relief efforts: For those in Nigeria, you can donate to our Sesor Empowerment Foundation StanbicIBTC Account 0002888203 or our GTB Account 0170089727 or click here
- For those outside Nigeria, please donate through our generosity.com link below https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/help-victims-of-benue-floods-aug-2017–2/x/16504394 or donate by PayPal below.
- Please share this widely among your networks and friends
- Follow us on twitter & instagram @sesorafrica for more updates – or contact us on facebook.com/sesorafrica and visit our website – www.sesorafrica.org
- For more information, please call +234 705 800 3071 or +234 809 649 4383 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: This form is out of date. Please update using the [seamless-donations] shortcode. The shortcode is the chunk of text on your WordPress page that generates the donation form. If you're getting this message, it means you updated from a very out-of-date plugin and need to change your page to replace [dgx-donate] with [seamless-donations]. See this video for more details. Visit ZATZLabs.com for support.