Sesôr Empowerment Foundation, a Lagos based NGO with a focus on Emergency preparedness, Relief and Rehabilitation, is looking for a junior/mid-level creative person with a passion for helping those in need, particularly the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Nigeria.
We are seeking to recruit a Digital Media Communication Officer for a 6 months contract to assist the Foundation in raising awareness of IDPs activities through the media, and to communicate effectively with its stakeholders, particularly through publications on the social media channels. Applicants must have strong Digital Media experience and be immediately available to start work.
Position: Media Communications Officer
Reporting To: The Executive Director
Type of Employment: Contract
- Management of Social Media Content and Creation
- Graphic design, video editing and creation
- Motion graphic design
- Website management
- Email outreach
- Create strategies to increase people awareness of Sesor activities.
- Editing media-related materials for inclusion on our website, including media releases.
- Implementing digital media strategy
- Monthly and annual internal reports on media and other activities, and on media coverage for specific events and launches as appropriate.
- Managing day to day press liaison with key organisations and journalists with whom we work with on a regular basis.
- Maintaining and updating a database of media contacts. Furthering good relations with key journalists.
- Liaising with prospective documentary makers who are seeking ideas, contacts and venues for forthcoming projects.
- Overseeing the Foundation’s hired photographers and taking basic photographs of events using the Foundation’s camera
- To deliver effective and timely communication of the Foundation’s activities to stakeholders and the general public through the Foundation website and other channels of communication.
- To promote the Foundation and its range of activities through pro-actively obtaining media coverage; and in promoting the Foundation events through the media.
- To manage incoming media enquiries on Foundation activities.
- To promote knowledge, understanding and coverage of IDPs research, education within the media in order to create a high level of awareness.
- Increase the number of likes on Sensor’s Facebook page.
A good Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University.
- Social media skills
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to deliver timely document to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Good computer literacy and ability to summarise data and present media reports
- Passion to help people.
Please send application to email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Application must be received by 5pm on October 31, 2015. Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted.