Sesor, a humanitarian organisation has been working with displaced and economically disadvantaged persons since 2010 and is expanding its operations in humanitarian work and social enterprise. We seek a Communications Officer to handle Sesor’s digital and non-digital communications with a focus on planning and creating content for publicising and fundraising for Sesor’s work. Reporting to the CEO, the Officer’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the CEO’s office to create an organisational external communications plan;
- Build and manage relationships with Sesor’s international and local media partners and contacts;
- Document and publish Sesor’s events and programmes;
- Work with other units, especially the Programmes Unit, to produce content such as newsletters campaign material, videos, press releases, flyers etc. for deployment;
- Provide support for managing Sesor’s social media pages and ensure that content is harmonised across all channels in a timely fashion;
- Deploy and promote content on Sesor’s various channels to specifically targeted audiences in emergency situations;
- Coordinate and manage all media documentation storage through shared drives etc. Ensure all photos are Sesor branded;
- Make media/press appearances on behalf of Sesor from time to time;
- Custodian & manager of Sesor’s communications & media equipment such as cameras, microphones etc;
- Manage Sesor’s info email box and forward emails as required to the relevant unit for further action;
- Manage relationships with media & communications vendors (e.g. photographers, videographers, graphics artists etc.) and
- Provide regular progress reports to CEO on the responsibilities here listed.
Remuneration: depending on experience, starting from N150,000 per month gross with medical benefits with possibility of pay increase upon confirmation after 6 months.
Start Date: Immediate
- Is a graduate with 2-3 years’ experience as a communications officer;
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, presentation etc);
- Is proficient in MS Office applications especially Word, Excel & Powerpoint – basic knowledge of graphic design applications such as Canva would be an advantage and
- Is able to work effectively as part of a team and is comfortable working with targets;
For best performance, candidate should have accommodation around the Lekki-Ajah area.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER’ with your curriculum vitae in pdf format stating 2 referees and a cover letter saying why you fit the role.
NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.