Head of Operations
Sesor, a humanitarian organisation has been working with displaced and economically disadvantaged persons since 2010 and is expanding its operations in humanitarian work and social enterprise.
We seek a Head of Operations to oversee Sesor’s operations. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Operations is responsible for ensuring smooth running of Sesor’s operations specifically heading our finance, administrative and human resources functions. The Head of Operations will also serve as chief liaison with our legal, IT and compliance consultants as well as our auditors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing Sesor’s books and financial processes;
- Advising the CEO and Unit Heads on operational issues and strategy;
- Managing Sesor’s workspaces and ensuring they are safe and conducive places to work in;
- Working closely with Programmes and other Units to provide operational support as required;
- Managing Sesor’s human resource functions and advising on the various needs and managing staff performance review process;
- Managing all supplier and vendor relationships including our procurement process – including keeping an updated directory of vendors/suppliers;
- Work closely with the CEO’s office to plan Sesor’s human, administrative and other resource requirements (short-, mid-, long-term);
- Attend to any other operational duties that may be agreed on with the CEO;
- Keep up to date with relevant overall Operations trends;
- Provide regular reports to the CEO on the duties here listed.
Remuneration: depending on experience, starting from N175,000 per month gross with medical benefits and possibility of pay increase upon confirmation after 6 months.
Start Date: Immediate
The ideal candidate:
- Is an accountant with at least 2 years’ NGO experience with some knowledge of Admin & HR – an accounting qualification would be an advantage;
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Must have good knowledge of Sage and/or Quickbooks and
- Has strong interpersonal and communications skills and works well with people from diverse backgrounds;
For best performance, candidate should have accommodation around the Lekki-Ajah area.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘HEAD OF OPERATIONS’ and the following documents:
- Your curriculum vitae with 2 referees (The CV should be in pdf format)
- A cover letter saying why you fit the role.
NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.